How to Import Large SQL file in mysql in Xampp Server


  1. Open Command Prompt
  2. Type: cd c:\xampp\mysql\bin
  3. Now I am showing you main command for import SQL file with the explanation .
  4. mysql -u {DB-USER-NAME} -p {DB-NAME} < {db.file.sql path}
  5. or if it's on a remote server use the -h flag to specify the host.
  6. mysql -u {DB-USER-NAME} -h {MySQL-SERVER-HOST-NAME} -p {DB-NAME} < {db.file.sql path}
  7. In my case i used this command to import sql. 
  8. mysql -u root -p opencart < client_db_file.sql
  9. here i directly put sql file in this folder c:/xampp/mysql/bin since while I was putting path it was not working for me. so I moved the SQL file in the same folder and it worked perfectly for me.
Enjoy 😅😆

Popular posts from this blog

How to open cPanel using WHM access.

Cant use dump() function in twig files or how to enable debug in opencart twig or print_r alternate use dump() in opencart 3.0